Sep 16, 2015

Saints on the Move

ST. STANISLAUS COLLEGE’S PERFORMACE AT THE 2015 CSEC AND CAPE EXAMINATION 

Aint no stopping us now: We’re on the move”
Displaying saints top students 2015-qpr.jpg

                              Some of Saints top CSEC Students now in lower 6th form

Front Row (L-R): K. George (12 Subjects) , J. Oodit (10 Subjects), S. Persaud (10 Subjects), K. Pouwen (10 Subjects), P. Nehru (11 Subjects). Back Row (L-R): C. Langevine (11 Subjects), C. Bovell (13 Subjects), M. Gasaway (12 Subjects), C. Gonsalves (11 Subjects), C. Narine (5 Subjects)

This is the exuberant chant of the St. Stanislaus Classes of 2015. Both CSEC and CAPE students have shown a marked overall improvement in results obtained from CXC. The school’s upward movement began with the drastic increase in the number of students who wrote the CSEC examinations in 2014, to those who wrote in 2015. Progression is also displayed in the thirty – one (31) subject areas written at CAPE in 2015 when compared to only twenty – eight written in 2014.

The movement continues to soar with the high rise in passes with Grade (1) and Grade (11) in a majority of the subject areas. In 2014, our school accumulated 280 Grade (1) and 242 Grade (11) passes while in 2015 we excelled with 367 Grade (1) and 324 Grade (11) passes. At CSEC, 2015, St. Stanislaus College has successfully maintained its 100% pass rate in the usual subject areas namely: (1) Economics, (2) Electrical and Electronic Technology, (3) Electronic Document Preparation and Management , (4) Food and Nutrition, (5) Home Economics, (6) Integrated science, (7) Office Procedure, (8) Principles of Business, (9) Social-Studies and (10) Technical Drawing. It is fitting to include English A and B, along with Mathematics in this prestigious group for their outstanding performance of 99%, 97% and 98% passes respectively. Kudos to the English Department for starting a trend of gaining more Grade (1) passes than Grade (11) and (III). A total of Eighty – Nine (89) students wrote the English A Examination and saw a ST. STANISLAUS COLLEGE’S PERFORMACE AT THE 2015 CSEC AND CAPE EXAMINATION “ Aint no stopping us now:


pass rate of Sixty – Six (66) Distinction / Grade (1). Also, Hats – off to the Mathematics Department for a similar performance. Eighty- nine (89) students wrote Mathematics and fifty (51) passed with Distinction/Grade (1). These two subject areas are likened by students to two dangerous opponents who should be avoided but who definitely has to be confronted. Congratulations to the teachers and students for their endeavour in overcoming the problems attached to these two subject areas. We also salute the Science Department for gaining seven (7) Grade1 passes from the seven (7) students who wrote Integrated Science. Overall in 2015, 60% of our students have passed ten (10) and more subjects while 100% have passed five (5) and more subjects at CSEC. Students have also made headway at CAPE, where 62% of them have gained passes at Grades (1) to (IV) in 2015, when compared with 44% in 2014. Going down memory lane, it is with relish that we saunter through our school’s performance from 2010 to 2015 and view with enjoyment, the progress made by both staff and students of St. Stanislaus College at their academic pursuits. The accomplishment of this grand performance, can be perceived that discipline is once more on the rise, at this institution..


YES! WE’RE ON THE MOVE!

Below are some comments made by two CAPE students and two CSEC students.

Pierre Squires
Attending and serving the St. Stanislaus College over the past six years or so, has undoubtedly been both a privilege and a benefitting experience, well-spent with some of the most proficient and dedicated instructors, along with hard –working and enthusiastic colleagues. I consider myself lucky to have been receiving and gaining greatly from their lessons of guidance, wisdom, experience, and knowledge over the years, and I look forward to giving back, in any way possible, to this esteemed institution. I have obtained four (4) CAPE subjects and am continuing my studies at this prestigious institution.

Schauvonne Perreira 
Being at the St. Stanislaus College has been a long and rewarding experience for me. Having enrolled 2009, I realized that I would have to work hard in order to be successful at the end of my 5th year at the CXC exams. As time progressed, I started to recognize and appreciate the sacrifices that my family made in order to provide me with all the resources that I needed to prepare for my exams. I wrote CSEC examinations in 2014 and gained two grade (1) passes, so I decided to further my studies at this institution because of the level of discipline and the multitude of dedicated and qualified teachers available, to deliver the various syllabi. Upon attaining (5) CAPE subjects I am furthering my academia in the second year of CAPE studies. My life’s aspiration is to become an economist and one day I hope to receive a scholarship to further my studies in the field of Economics. In addition, I am inclined to make a positive change in the lives of the voiceless people of my country and will not stop until my dreams become a reality


Marvin Garraway 
Hard work, perseverance, an ability to learn, comprehend and to be aware of the world around you. The time spent at St. Stanislaus College had many excitements, disappointments and challenges. Propelling years got harder thus optimism was a crucial factor in development. The Caribbean Examinations had me putting in more effort than usual. I am now a graduate possessing twelve subjects, all with grades one to three passes. My gratitude is expressed to God, my parents and teachers all, for their endless support and dedication, for without them, I would not have been the victor I am today. Nevertheless, focus played a key role in my success. “Instead of focusing on how much you can accomplish, focus on how much you can absolutely love what you’re doing.” - Leo Babauta

Cleon Bovell 
Obtaining the respective marks at the 2010 NGSA examination to attend St. Stanislaus college was a delightful feat. The five years I spent at the college was a memorable one, during which time, I met a lot of wondrous individuals. The college’s environment was quite conducive to learning and very comfortable. Preparing for the CSEC examinations was quite challenging but preserved because of determination, friends, family members and teachers who all supported me during those difficult times and most of all God, who gave me the strength. And now I can proudly say with a large smile, that whatever you put in is what you get out, since I managed to pass all thirteen of my subjects. I was awarded 10 one’s and 3 two’s at the 2015 CSEC examinations.

http://guyanachronicle.com/saints-gets-on-the-move-at-csec-cape/

No comments: